Happy freakishly warm Monday, y'all.
Here's your morning Memphis news update, complete with pep talks, myths, makeovers and charity benefits.
Photo by @merbe1 via Instagram. If you'd like to see your photos featured here, tag them #ilovememphis.
- Because it's Monday, you probably need a pep talk. Especially if that pep talk includes an adorable kid and music from local rapper Skewby.
- The playwrights (and Jonesboro, Ark. school shooting survivors) behind "The Warrior" are hosting a reading of the play at Circuit Playhouse to benefit Newtown, Conn. survivors. Zack McMillan has the details.
- Alas, poor Hi-Tone. The final show for the Midtown venue has been announced, and it's going to be a really great one.
- Attention, makers: the Indie Style Market is looking for vendors for a Valentine's Day Pop-Up Shop.
- Cooper-Young's favorite corner store, the Midtown Market, is getting a makeover.
- If you're planning to attend the Everywhere Else start up conference next week, note that it has moved from the Peabody to the Cook Convention Center.
- Lastly, Coach Josh Pastner is taking part in the Inifini Coaches Challenge, and his goal is to rasie $100,000 for Le Bonheur. Go cast your vote for CJP.
Help me make ILM better: If you've got a tip for I Love Memphis, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Pinterest.