Wednesday News Update: Thanksgiving Eve Edition
Happy Thanksgiving Eve, y'all.
Before you gorge yourself on turkey and time with your family, check out these Memphis news updates.
First, though, check out this photo by @memphisque, an eagle-eyed Instagrammer who spotted this vintage Memphis State parking pass attached to a 1966 MG Convertable.
If you'd like to see your Instagram photos here, tag them #ilovememphis.
– First, the strangest news: The carousel in the Gangnam Style music video appears to be the same model as the one that's in the Hickory Ridge Mall. Anyone up for an invisible horse dance flash mob in Hickory Hill? (Thanks, Memphis Reddit)
– 6000 Pastries, 300 pounds of meat, 70 gallons of orange juice: here's a behind the scenes look at the Peabody Hotel's Thanksgiving brunch.
– If you need something to read today, Grantland has a lengthy (and excellently written) article about the rise of Z-Bo.
– There are a lot of rumors about Rumors, a new gay bar that's supposed to open soon and fill the void left by the closings of Crossroads, Backstreet and Mary's.
– Here's a completely heartwarming story about a Memphis gardener donating 134 pounds of food to the Collierville Food Pantry.
– Fingers crossed: beer tastings could be coming to Memphis grocery stores soon.
If you've got a tip for I Love Memphis, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter.