Tuesday News Update: Pastner Smash Edition
Today in Memphis, March Madness is coming (in 2014), the Grizz are giving back, the CHC has a challenge from a mustachioed man and Kima Greggs was in town. Also, Coach Pastner goes all Hulk Smash.
Photo of the Mississippi River by @mphelps311 via Instagram. If you'd like to see your photos featured here, tag them #ilovememphis.
– The Tigers won their opening game against North Florida last night, but the victory wasn't without its casualties. While the Tigers were on a stunning 19-0 run, Pastner got a little fired up and took it out on reporter Jason Smith's laptop and soda. As a veteran Tigers beat writer, he should be a little used to it, especially since he was on the sidelines for this.
– Speaking of Basketball, Memphis is hosting the South Regional for the 2014 NCAA Basketball Tournament (aka, March Madness).
– Happy pimento cheese awareness month, y'all.
– If you're headed to Friday's Grizz game against the Knicks, pack a non-perishable food item. The team is hosting a food drive to benefit the Mid-South Food Bank.
– I'm not sure how I missed this, but Kima Greggs was in Memphis yesterday.
– Happiness is this video of my friends and fellow Memphians eating cupcakes in slow motion.
– Lastly, in honor of Movember, Church Health Center supporter and noted local mustachioed gentleman Cameron Petersen has thrown down the gauntlet and offered to shave his majestic handlebars if the CHC meets a small fundraising goal.