Monday News Update: More Sub Shop News, Places to Charge Your Car and Opportunities for Do-Goodery
Today in Memphis, we've got another update in the Chinese Sub Shop saga, a new co-working space, electric car charging stations, and two opportunities for festival participation. Also, today's the only day I'll encourage you to eat at a national chain restaurant, I promise.
Riverfront loop trolley by Merbe1 via Instagram. If you'd like to see your Instagram pictures here, tag them #ilovememphis.
– I know I don't normally encourage you to eat at a chain restaurant, but I do always encourage supporting St. Jude. Today, Sept. 24, is St. Jude night at Chili's. One hundred percent of the chain's net profits from today will go to the Memphis research hospital.
– Here's more Chinese Sub Shop news: they've got about six months to find a new home before they lose their current spot on Highland.
– Not only dones Memphis now have a sweet co-working space, but said sweet co-working space has cooking classes.
– Good news for the handful of you who drive electric cars – there are now 12 charging stations in downtown parking garages.
– The Memphis skyline is changing this week with the demolition of the Lonestar silos (aka, the large things that supported the neon Memphis sign). They're coming down to create more access to the riverfront as part of the Bass Pro construction.