In the immortal words of R. Kelly, it's the freakin' weekend. At least, it will be when you get off work. Here's a little Memphis news update to hold you over until happy hour.
- Remember your first time doing that amazing thing in Memphis? Or, the first time you realized something? Or the first time you submitted a piece to I Love Memphis for our first theme month?
- Grab a sweater and your crossbow: tomorrow marks the official first day of fall. It's also the first day of deer archery season in Tennessee.
- If you've ever wondered what a iPhone release day looks like at the FedEx distribution center, BuzzFeed has the answer.
- Here's another place to find the elusive Memphis food trucks: Memphis Bioworks has set up food truck parking at their office (20 S. Dudley) and are working to have a different truck parked there each week day during lunch. Mark's Grill will be parked there on Monday from 11 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.
- In other food news, this post on Reddit about the possible-maybe-closure of the Chinese Sub Shop has caused a lot of angst. Personally, I'm refusing to believe it until I have proof (like a conversation with the owners or pictures of the building demolition). Edited to add: Uh oh. The headline in the Daily Helmsman is "Super Submarine is Toast."
- 901StreetArt is my new favorite blog devoted to Memphis street art.