If you're into new restaurants, neighborhood revitalization, malt-flavored Mountain Dew and Willie Nelson, this Memphis news update is for you.
Photo by @mandyjane87 via Instagram. If you'd like to see your Instagram photos on a news update, tag them #ilovememphis.
- First, the food news. Aldo's Pizza Pies on Main St. is finally opening for real this time on Thursday. Also, on Friday, there's going to be a food truck rodeo in Court Square during lunch.
- The neighborhood just southeast of downtown is looking at plans for revitalization, and there's talk of a grocery store. Before you ask, it's not going to be a Trader Joe's.
- Awww, it's like the Tigers are going through some kind of NCAA puberty as they move to the Big East. Awkward!
- Garden and Gun magazine (because such a thing exists) is looking for the best things that are made in the south. My votes: the Oxford American, Brimm's chips, Corsair's Wry Moon whiskey.
- Not made in the south, but obviously made for the south: the new Tennessee malt flavored Mountain Dew.
- CNN confirms what we already knew – Memphis is one of the best riverfront towns in the country.
- This is the last week to vote in the Memphis Flyer's annual Best of Memphis Poll.
- Lastly, Willie Nelson is going to play at Central Station in Memphis in October. True story.