Today in Memphis, a sports rivalry returns, tribute artists get a last chance and there's going to be a brand new holiday. Also, the National Weather Service validates all of our whining about how hot it is.
Photo by Kenny Malone (@kennyrfnt) on Instagram. If you'd like to see your Instagram photos on a news update, tag them #ilovememphis.
- The University of Memphis / Ole Miss rivalry is back. The football guys are excited; the basketball guys, not so much.
- I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's been unreasonably hot this summer. The National Weather Service says that this has been the warmest Memphis summer since 1940.
- It's not too late to practice your moves: you can still sign up for the Last Chance Elvis Tribute Artist Contest at the Hard Rock Cafe (where the winner gets a trip down the street to the Ultimate Elvis Tribute Contest)
- We've finally got a chance to influence those crazy "best city ever" survey results. You can vote Memphis as "America's Favorite City" in Travel and Leisure's poll until Sept. 1.
- September 1 is fast approaching, and we're trying to get activities and good times of all kinds scheduled for the first ever official 901 Day. For more info, and to register your event, go here.