Happy Monday, y'all. It's hot. Stupid hot. Have some watermelon with your Monday news update:
- Thanks to a new scoreboard donated by FedEx, you'll be able to see the U of M football team slog their way through the 2012-2013 season in glorious, ginormous HD.
- Speaking of sports, welcome to the Grizz, Tony Wroten.
- If you've spent a ton of time on Beale St., chances are that you've met the street's super sweet stray dog, Lady. She and her new litter of puppies have been rescued and the Humane Society needs your help in naming them.
- The Pink Palace is finally getting a new restaurant – Bella Cafe.
- They just keep holding on: here's a profile of the Occupy Memphis movement, eight months later.
- The music movie series is coming back to the Levitt Shell this year, and they're showing "Stop Making Sense". Who wants to go with?
- If you're still looking for Fourth of July plans, here are 15 suggestions for things to do, most of which are free.
As always, if there's something you'd like to see on I Love Memphis, or if you've got some kind of juicy Memphis tip (really, anything goes), let me know.