Today in Memphis, we're saying goodbye to a local restaurateur, counting down the days until basketball season and approaching women, but only in the vaguest of ways. Those things and more, after this cute / disturbing photo of the pig at Asian Palace:
- Sad news first: Jimmy Lauck, the owner of Little Tea Shoppe downtown, passed away last week. The restaurant will be closed until further notice, but if you see his wife, Suhair, out and about, give her a big hug.
- It is now 100 days until the start of college basketball season. Here's the Tigers' 2012-2013 schedule so you can go ahead and plan when you're going to wash your game day socks.
- Speaking of basketball, Memphis' favorite Spanish Man Beast is dominating in London.
- And, speaking of the Olympics, FedEx is making sure that the horses get there on time.
- Today's Excellence in Vaguery award goes to this missed connection from a Kroger in East Memphis.
- If you love "This American Life" and comedian Mike Birbiglia, the super popular public radio show is working to get Mike's movie, "Sleepwalk With Me" into as many theatres as possible. If you'd like to see it in Memphis, here's how to lobby our local theaters.
- Don't forget that there's a state primary and Shelby County general election on Thursday. Find your polling place here.
- Lastly, if you're looking for a guaranteed good time, the Oblivians (a somewhat legendary Memphis garage band) are playing a sort-of surprise show at the Hi-Tone tonight.