This Friday, we've got a visit from Bill Clinton, a massive volunteer opportunity and more info on that Elvis hologram. Also, it's national fried chicken day.
But first, check out my latest street find: an intact block of magnetic poetry words that was laying on the sidewalk at Front and Union. I can't help but see it as a sign.
- You know that Elvis hologram? Things are getting stranger.
- Give 365 (the Community Foundation's small donation project) has picked a theme for this year: Eye on the Prize. It's not too late to get involved.
- It's already played once, but in case you missed it, the Memphis episode of TLC's "What Not to Wear" (featuring a Pink Palace employee) will air again on Tuesday, July 18 at 8 p.m. CST.
- If you've always wanted to meet former president Bill Clinton, he'll be in Horn Lake, Miss. today.
- Project Homeless Connect, a massive day of service for Memphis' transient population on July 12, still needs volunteers. Attendees will be able to get medical services, access to computers, donated goods, haircuts, employment opportunities and more.
Have a tip? Know of something cool going on in Memphis? Find something interesting on the street? Let me know about it.