Friday News Update: Haves and Have Nots Edition
Today in Memphis, we've got a way to see your photos on the blog, Dickensian foods, a get well soon and a proposal for a floating hotel. What we don't have: a Trader Joes. So, basically, it's business as usual.
Photo by @rusticexcursion on Instagram. If you'd like to see your Memphis Instagram photos on a news update, tag them #ilovememphis.
– I can't meet your needs if you don't tell me what they are: it's time for the annual I Love Memphis readers' survey. It's short, it's easy, and it will go a long way to keeping the blog awesome. Thanks!
– Memphis has submitted a proposal to get a floating hotel. It would be like taking a riverboat trip without the whole trip part.
– Get well soon, Joe Birch! The longtime Memphis news anchor broke his neck in a car accident earlier this week, but he's going to be just fine.
– It was the best idea, it was the worst idea: here's another one of those foods that walks the line between amazing and insane.
– The Memphis airport is trying, you guys. Here's some info about the airlines that they're trying to bring to Memphis.
– When is Trader Joes coming to Memphis? Sadly, not anytime soon. For real this time.