Today in Memphis, the Grizz get sold, Rock for Love levels up, two buildings get refurbishment cash and there's going to be a food rodeo. Also, some guy named WeeWee has a beef with Yo Gotti.
- Two historic buildings have funding for rehabilitation: Memphis Slim's house in Soulsville won a grant from ArtPlace, and the Hotel Chisca improvement project got an additional loan from Center City Revenue Finance Corp.
- My former high school band nerd is super excited that Drum Corps International's summer tour is going to show at the Paradiso on Monday, June 18 at 6:30. For those of you who don't know, drum corps is like hardcore marching band, but awesome.
- Rock for Love was already one of my favorite annual shows, but they've levelled up this year: Booker T. Jones will headline the festival's Sunday night show at the Levitt Shell.
- The brand new Memphis Food Truck Alliance is having a food truck rodeo on Sunday, June 17. They're hoping to make it a weekly thing.
- Speaking of food, Burger King is offering a Memphis barbecue sandwich this summer. I'll probably skip it in favor of some actual Memphis barbecue, but the bacon sundae sounds like it might be kind of great.
- In Memphis / Nashville feud news, a Nashville rapper named WeeWee has some issues with Memphis' Yo Gotti.
Have a tip? Submit it and I'll check it out.