You're going to be able to bike to Arkansas soon. Also, Kurtis Blow is coming to town, Beale Street is making a few changes for your safety and a local news anchor finds demons. Here's your Wednesday Memphis news update:
- First, the big news: yesterday, the federal government approved a $14.9 million dollar grant to turn the Harahan bridge into a bike and pedestrian roadway.
- Don't worry – if Robert Pera's bid on the Grizzlies falls through, there's a mystery group of Memphians willing to scoop up the team.
- Also, let's all take a moment for that super enthusiastic, towel waving kid from the Playoffs.
- Your family reunion doesn't include rap pioneer Kurtis Blow, but the one that Soul Classics 103.5 is throwing this weekend does.
- Big changes are coming to Beale Street: the police are doing away with street sweeps, there's a new substation going in, and the oft-troublesome building at Fourth and Beale is likely to be torn down.
- The best tweet I've seen this week, courtesy of WPTY's Cameron Harper:
Have a tip? Know of something that needs some I Love Memphis attention? Let me know.