Today in Memphis, Pipe Kitty lives, Michelle Obama visits, Lifeblood seeks donors and the Edge reopens. Also, we're number two! We're number two!
- Last week, we had Jar Dog; this week, we have Pipe Kitty.
- First Lady Michelle Obama is coming to Memphis for a campaign fundraiser at the Cannon Center on June 28.
- There are still tickets left for the Flaming Lips show at Handy Park on June 27. Get them soon – they're cheap, so they'll probably sell out.
- You've got a lot of feelings about Memphis International. The Chamber of Commerce has public forum to talk about them on Thursday.
- Congratulations, guys – we're number two! But it's a good thing – according to Yahoo Real Estate, Memphis is the second cheapest city in the country.
- The Edge, that notable midtown coffee house with the legendary drinks and inconsistent hours, is reopening in Cooper Young on July 4.
- Take a few minutes to give blood this week for Lifeblood's Donor Fest – there are blood drives all over town every day this week.