Today in Memphis, our record stores get some love, our Pyramid gets a swamp and auditions for "The Voice" come to town. Here's your Monday news update:
- Rolling Stone has realized what we've known all along – Memphis' Goner Records and Shangri-la Records are two of the best vinyl shops in the country.
- Think you could cut it on "The Voice"? Auditions are coming to the Cannon Center in Memphis July 6 – 8. You have to be at least 15 years old and sign up in advance to try out.
- If you didn't get a chance to see the American Queen when it came through Memphis earlier this summer, you've got another shot. The giant steamboat will dock at Beale St. Landing for the last time this summer on Thursday. It'll be back next season.
- Finally: Memphis will have a hotel, bowling alley, shooting range and swamp all in one building. Take a look at Bass Pro's progress inside the Pyramid.
- Speaking of things getting a new look, brace yourselves – the Commercial Appeal's print edition is getting a redesign on Tuesday.
Do you have a tip for something awesome, weird or special going on in Memphis? Let me know.