Today in Memphis, join Duck's second line, do some spring cleaning, get cheap gas and congratulate the graduating seniors from the Soulsville Academy. Also, Memphis is the most improved city for cyclists. Go on, brush your shoulders off.
- Sad news first: there's going to be a special "Duck Walk" down Beale St. this afternoon to honor Donald "Duck" Dunn, bassist for Booker T. and the MGs, who passed away on May 13th. The walk starts at 4:30 p.m. at Fourth and Beale and will include a second line.
- It's time to do some spring cleaning – Memphis Roller Derby is having a yard sale to raise money for the league. If you'd like to donate any items to the cause, you can drop them off at the league's practice venue at these times.
- All of the efforts that Memphis has been making to become more bicycle friendly are paying off. Memphis was named Most Improved City in Roadle Inc.'s annual "Best Bike City in America" rankings.
- This is the best sign I've seen all week.
- If you're living in Memphis (or planning on passing through), good news – you're paying less for gas than just about everybody else.
- Lastly, congratulations to the first graduating class from the Soulsville Academy. Every single graduating senior has been accepted to college.