You Don’t Have to Be a Big Deal to Drink on the 33rd Floor

Posted by Holly Whitfield | October 25th 2011 3281 4

Clark Tower is a massive, almost sky-scraping building in East Memphis that houses offices and a bank. But until last week, I didn’t know that it also had a bar.

Clark Tower, Memphis, Tenn.

The bar, which is located on the 33rd floor, is called the Tower Room. And, contrary to my initial impression at finding out that there’s a bar in Clark Tower, you don’t have to be some kind of captain of industry to drink there. You just take the elevator all the way up and walk in.

And once you walk in, it’s kind of awesome. The room is lined with huge arched windows that give a panoramic view of Memphis at rush hour.

The view from the Tower Room, Clark Tower, Memphis, Tenn.

The Tower Room isn’t all about the view, though – they’ve also got one of the best happy hours in Memphis. All of the drinks (including top shelf) are half price from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m., meaning that you can get a quality beverage for less than $5. They’ve got a small menu, too.

From the Tower Room, Clark Tower, Memphis, Tenn.

The Tower Room is open on weeknights from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m., and is available for special events.

Go there:

The Tower Room
Clark Tower
5100 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, TN 38137

Filed Under:

Comments

1. david says:

It’s open from 4-7 and its happy hour runs from 4-7? Is there something I’m missing?

2. Andy says:

So… they’re only open for happy hour? When are the drinks full price?

3. Grant Parish says:

If they are only open for happy hour now, that is a good thing. I ate lunch there last year and I think that was the worst meal I’ve had in Memphis.

People who remember it fondly as the Summit Club would have been shocked to see how lowbrow the food was and how poor the service. All it had going for it was the view.

4. John says:

It is a Happy Hour open to the public, the half price is half of what you would pay if you attended a private party or event. I have never been able to get Crown Royal or Woodford for five bucks… Makes it easy to drink good booze

5. John says:

And FYI, the tower room went out of business, this is completely new ownership… The resturaunt is no longer open

6. JR Kamra says:

So…no happy hour?

They should do a weekend private club like 10 used to be at the Plaza Club

7. marjorie says:

I'm going to check it out tonight, can't wait to take cool pics!

8. Jeremiah PAtton says:

Just talk to the location.  They are open for the working residents of Clark tower until 4 PM then are open to the public until 7.  I guess after that they close.