Elvis Week Returns, Neil’s Has a Fire, Hi-Tone Delivers and Uniforms are Needed
I met Memphian no. 220, Shannan Fisher, when we were both newbies at Memphis Roller Derby. She went to one team and I went to another, meaning that now when I see her, she’s usually trying to hit me. When she’s not playing for the PrissKilla Prezleys or the Memphis Hustlin’ Rollers, she’s an accountant at Autozone.
In other news:
– Happy first day of school, Memphis City Schools students! I hope your moms took cute first day pictures of all of you.
– Elvis week starts this week, and there are tons of events to celebrate the life of the King. Check out this full list of all the official Elvis week activities, and remember to be nice to our visitors.
– Sad news for Midtown this morning: Neil’s, the bar at the corner of Madison and McLean had a fire early this morning. No one was hurt, but there was quite a bit of damage. The good news is, the owners are planning to rebuild and reopen. The bad news is that you’ll have to play shuffleboard and sit on the patio somewhere else for a while.
– My buddy Melissa W. is collecting long sleeved white shirts and long skirts for refugee students at Central High School. She needs size smalls in both tops and skirts, or skirts with elastic waists. If you’d like to help out or have some gently used clothing to donate, message her on Facebook.
– Attention, pizza fiends – you now have another delivery option. The Hi-Tone on Poplar started delivering last week. Their delivery hours are 5:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m., seven days a week. The delivery area is Southern to Jackson and the viaduct to High Point Terrace.